About AIA-LRGV

 

REGISTER FOR BCC ’18

 

About Us…

On June 1,1950, William Baxter, Zeb Rike, Hadley Smith, John York, Walter Bowman and Charles Ellis formed the Lower Rio Grande Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. Their purpose (according to our bylaws) was to organize and “unite in fellowship” the members of the architectural profession; to promote the aesthetic, scientific and practical efficiency of the profession; to advance the science and art of planning and building by advancing the standards of architectural education, training and practice; to coordinate the building industry and the profession of architecture to ensure the advancement of the living standard of people through their improved environment; and to make the profession of ever increasing service to society.  Since then, Our Chapter has held (in high esteem) these standards of advocacy and promotion.